Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sewing Room

So, I am almost done unpacking and setting up my new sewing room. I have run into a few problems, like the fact that there is no electrical outlets in my basement and since we are renting, we can't make changes. But, luckily, I have a wonderful husband who ran extension cords all over the basement for me. I just hope we don't blow a circuit once I get all my machines and lights hooked up.

It has been an interesting process to set up my new sewing area because despite the fact that we are renting while still looking to buy, so theoretically, I should only unpack what is absolutely necessary, I decided to unpack the entire sewing room. Why? Well, for me, all sewing is absolutely necessary. I mean, how do you decide what you might need? Do you say that since I am working on making jeans, I will only unpack what is necessary just for that task? What if tomorrow I decide that I want to make a quilt? Do I then go through everything again and just pull out the quilting supplies? NO! That would drive me crazy. So, it is all treated equally and unpacked.

The process of unpacking has been really interesting because of how things were packed. Like a box marked sewing room that had one piece of fabric and the rest of the huge box was canning supplies. Or the box marked sewing magazines, without a single magazine in the entire box. Also, now that all the "sewing room" boxes are unpacked, I have to figure out where my missing things might be packed. I am missing at least 2 olfa rulers that I can think of off the top of my head. Who knows what else might be hiding in other boxes. I should probably make myself a treasure map to mark where I have already searched. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment